Saturday, March 3, 2007

Spring is Here!!


So when we look outside, it doesn't look like spring. In fact, spring looks too far off. My roommate Gretchen and I decided to change that yesterday. This stand with flower baskets is in our entryway and it has been filled with poinsettias since Thanksgiving. We decided that we had had enough and it was time to put spring flowers in. We had a lot of fun changing them over. I love being creative like this! Thanks for the help, Gretchen!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love flowers and I love spring! I think you finally gave me the gumption to take down my nativity snow globe. Kara

Chris said...

Kara,
I heard that you may still have your Christmas Tree up, is this true??? If so you may want to take that down also. :)

Anonymous said...

ha ha, the tree is NOT up, but it was up longer than the typical American family would leave it up. Kara

Jenny LaBo said...

I know! We just put Yoda away a few weeks ago.

Jenny LaBo said...

Angie I think you should come and be creative in our apt. Any ideas of how to decorate cinder block?

Angie said...

Hmmm... Cinder blocks, huh? That might be kind of difficult. I will brainstorm and get back to you Jenny!

Pam said...

She'll come with something Jen! She's VERY creative :)

Angie said...

Okay, so I might have something for you, Jenny. Are your cinder blocks painted? One of my friends had painted cinder blocks in a dorm in college and what they did was buy contact paper that had a pretty design on it and they covered a part of a wall with it. It is cute to make a rectangle of color in the middle of a wall and then put pictures, mirrors, shelves, or other decorations like that over it. It focuses the wall a little bit and makes it really cute! Since you have cinder blocks, I would suggest using the 3M hangers. They work really well and can hold up to 5 pounds. I have used them a lot. They come off really easily when you want them to, too. Well that is what I have come up with so far! Let me know if that helps!!

Jenny LaBo said...

Great ideas Angie. We are going to Tucson this weekend so I am going to keep an eye out for som stuff.