Monday, April 9, 2007

Proverbs 20:24

"A man's steps are directed by the Lord.
How then can anyone understand his own way?"
Proverbs 20:24

How encouraging this was as I read it today. So often we do not understand what God is doing in our lives. We are left to simply trust that He knows what He is doing. I think we know that we just have to trust, but it still frustrates us that we don't know what He is doing. But according to this verse in Proverbs, we can't understand. Our frustration, then, is in vain. We are left simply to trust Him and to obey when He leads. Simple to say, difficult to do. But what else is there? God has everything in His hands. To me, that is comforting to know.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Angie,
I agree with your thoughts on this passage. Thank you.

Travis,Stephanie, Olivia & Alex said...

It is soooo conforting to know He is in control ! what a great verse :)